lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Friday- Hmmmm.- Longer than usual

I worked out with Deni Preston for an HOUR today!!! WHOO HOOOO!

Okay here's the deal. I got the flu, school started (we homeschool, you can imagine the energy involved), and golly this pregnancy has just tuckered me out. So I have not been able to drag myself out of bed early enough to give myself the workout I need. So, basically, what I've been doing is trudging through, my friends. Trudge, trudge, trudge.

But this morning I declared my stress level too high - I'm not a nice Mommy when this happens. So I made a plan while brushing my teeth. I decided that after school, during the 2 yr old's naptime I would workout, instead of laying down. I know, I know. It sounded NUTZ, even to me. How was I going to finish the day after I expended that energy when I'm short on it enough as it is. Well, 2 o'clock rolled around, the older kids ran outside to play, and I remembered my plan. I did it!

An HOUR of Deni's strength training, hey I figured if I was gonna kill myself I'd do it doing an episode I love, my body enjoyed. The stretching, because it has been so long since I had a good long workout out - felt like a trip to the chiropractor's.

I still have some time before the toddler gets up, so I'll shower and maybe, if I'm in need, I'll still be able to lay down for a few minutes. So if this workd out today, this will be the plan. Workouts no longer in the morning but in the middle of the day. Why? Why you ask, would I KILL myself for this workout everyday? Well, I'll tell you why...

Because this is the third week of school, and my stress level skyrocketed (blame the hormones or whatever) and if I don't murder my body I'm going to drive my brain over a cliff. So... maybe I'll get lucky and this will help my energy levels now that I'm in the second trimester! Yeah!! Let's look at the positive possibilities!

This is a great idea!

So, I'm breaking with tradition in order to stay sane! I'll let ya know if it really works... oh look the youngest is up from her nap...

No comments:

Post a Comment