lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Goal:

Marathon. Not a half marathon. But a full blown marathon!! Now I know I shot for a half marathon before and gave up (stupidly) when I was 3/4 of the way there. BUT - this is the real deal. I will run a marathon or DIE in the attempt!! So of course, I'll run it.

This is my new goal!! My next goal is a weight. My ideal weight, according to ME - not some silly calculator, is 110 lbs. That is my goal weight. When? Christmas! Christmas Day I am going to step on the scale and weight 110.4 lbs. Why? Because that is what I want, and it's just going to happen that way.

I need to get new shoes... my old ones are shot... so am gonna get that done shortly. I need to decide if I'm going run my own personal marathon or an official one. What do you think?? And then I need to set a date for the run! Date ideas??

Thanks for reading - I am STOKED!!! Sweat on!!

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely suggest you sign up for a race. It will help motivate you and give you a tangible time table. I also love the feeling you get hanging out with a bunch of runners. There's nothing better than people cheering you on.... even strangers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few suggestions from me, not a professional. I've run several 1/2 marathons and can't quite get the desire for the full.... so go Christina! I recommend you purchase two sets of running shoes and rotate them every day. "Supposedly" it lets the soles rest. Also, I absolutely suggest you sign up for an official race. But I would start out with a shorter race first so you know what to expect. I remember my first race ever and I was soooooo incredibly nervous the night before. I would hate for those same feelings on marathon day so get the anxieties out with a shorter race. Try a 5K. Also, you have lots of benefits with an official race- race gear, liquid refreshment, aid stations, porta pots, etc. Plus, there's a great feeling when strangers are cheering for you. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestions!! Seriously thinking about what you said about the shoes. What benefits do you find in doing this? And thank you so much for the encouragement. I sooooooo NEEEED it!!

    ReplyDelete