lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tuesday!!

I am learning valuable lessons in recovery. Last Sat when I ran the 12.4 m I took an icy shower, ate, then napped for 45 minutes - eactly what you're supposed to do after a much longer run than usual, or a race. But this week I am still feeling sore, and my leg muscles are a little fatigued still. SO - Yesterday I ran my 3 miles. I ran too fast... when I got home I ws hurting... so icy BATH for 15-20 minutes, then quick hot shower. ATE. This morning I needed to ice my knees before really getting up... which has messed with the schedule, but I'll survive.

Ths morning, after icing the knees and taking a little pain med, Free Flow Yoga!! Not too much, though. I worked out for roughly an hour, maybe a little less. STRETCHED a lot in this workout. I am so aware of my legs right now - it's very empowering, actually. As I pull in my banhdas I can feel their increased strength... NICE.

Not losing any weight right now. Not surprising with the intense training that I'm doing. But increasing in strength, and I am still getting smaller even though the scale doesn't show it. After the 1/2 I plan on taking a week or two off training to recoop. Not stop running, just knock it back a bit to get a feel for where I really am. Then get back into it. I think I have found a marathon in Jan nearby to participate in. Very exciting stuff. So I'll make an effort to align my training with that date. And there are obstacles with this... winter... loads of snow and ice where I live... problem solving. hmmmm.

Great day ahead! Looking forward to tomorrow when I run again. YAY!

Sweat on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment