lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Wednesday!

Tuesday was an extra day of rest due to newly developed runner's knee. I ran "hurt" - I was still drained, and too sore for the full out run I did Monday... and paid for it. "Hurt" means unready to run again and running anyway... sometimes it's a good thing - like for a race, or competition when you are not going to do yourself permanent damage... but for practice it was just ignorance (dumb if I do it again). So live and learn. Been to the chiro, because running like that caused my hip to go out and my meck again - until that point all was great! So now I'm aligned again and ready for my run today. 3-4 miles... Then this Saturday I think there is a race in town, that I may participate in, it's not longer than 10K. It would be nice to get the feel of running in an organized gig again before my real 1/2 marathon. So I'm looking for more info.

This am Yoga, and stretching with my 6 yr old daughter - who taught me the ballet stretching they do. She forgot the "smelly toes one", but we did the Frog stretch, dipping toes in the water, and all the others. The kiss your knees ones niether of us understand the purpose of - so I intend to ask nxt class time. Yoga was a lot of Sun Salutes, plank, dolphin, etc.

A little weight lifting in the arms and back. All the running is great for my legs and rear, but it doesn't do anything for the upper body. So I need to pay more attention to that. Twice to three times a week I will make sure I do the weights/strength training.

Looking forward to my run!! Thanks for reading!! Sweat on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment