lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursday- Yoga

30-40 minutes of yoga... what I like to call Free Yoga. Free as in I am following no planned routine... just doing it. Let's see this morning I did lots of Sun Salutations, of course, Big Toe Pose, that crazy pose where you're balancing on one foot, bent over, holding the other ankle while staring at the floor (I like it), Warrior in all its forms, and a few others.

I did this fighting the nausea and I feel very thirsty, but better for it. My brother, in the Airforce, who is currently overseas like so many others, has inspired me to be tougher. He has lost 20 lbs, which he didn't need to, and gained a LOT of muscle. Yeah, some of this may be fluid loss as he is working in very very hot weather, but it's can't be even most of it. He is running, lifting weights (all kinds) and basically getting into mad shape while wiating to come home to his preggie wife. The bro of mine was not a big exercise guy before he left. But he has seen this time as an opportunity to do somethings he's wanted to for a while, just didn't get off his bum and do it. Now he is.

Will his example inspire me EVERY day? I doubt it. I got sick this morning, and if it had been any worse I would have crawled back into that bed! But situations are different. It's his wife who is carrying their baby, not him. He doesn't face those bouts of oh my gosh whare is the bathroom??? Or, hey?.. did I faint? - After waking on the floor of the kitchen. So while, yeah, I'm gonna try a little harder, I'm not gonna kill myself over this.

So, congrats to me for my efforts this morning. But I may be workout in the evening more, as I am less ill then. Ha Ha!

Sweat on!

No comments:

Post a Comment