lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thursday and Decision!

Aerobics with Deni Preston!! Fabu!!

Decision: I am NOT having any fun with my training. Running is just about the only thing I do on a regular basis FOR fun!! SO I should be having fun! But I'm not. WHy? This training schedule is taking all the fun out of it!! I am not ready to push myself this hard. I'm 10 weeks post partum. I can run 7 miles if I work hard, and I can run 5 easy. That is an accomplishment. I enjoy running when I'm not quite killing myself. I will get to the 13.2 miles, at my own pace. Eventually I get to 26 plus. BUT right now, I need to back off the training. My Saturdays are all about my runs... we are going out of town this weekend for FUN! ANd I do not want to be thinking about my runs/workouts all the time. I want to have fun with our kids, instead of being too tired to run through the yard with them, because I used up all my energy running that morning. If I don't feel like eating, then I don't want that effecting me the next day because I pushed myself harder than I want to. So- the decision I am making is at this run coming up will be, for me, a 10 K. I will be able to run the 13 a month or more later. I am happy with this decision. I feel good about running again. YAY! And the next run will be FUN. Up until now I have only run one time for FUN! I am just not into training, I guess.

If I have disappointed anyone with this decision, tough toots. I have not lost any confidence in myself. I will accomplish my goals for running. Just on MY terms, and not some schedule's. Those of you who know me well, may wonder why I didn't figure this out sooner :)

I LOVED my workout this morning! The Aweful Leg Lifts have become the AWESOME Leg Lifts, as they are EASY now!!! WHoooo Hoooo. Man, I hope one day Triangle is like that. I LOVE the calf exercises!! And I do soooo many bicycles it's not funny!, trying to get my abs strong again. Not that I ever had a 4 pack... but they are very weak still.

Thanks for reading!!! SWEAT ON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment