lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekend catch up-

Thursday was what the kids call a "Squish Day"- have I mentioned this before?? Anyway- it was a long run and strength training. I was beat after wards.

Friday- Cross Training. I did some serious FLOW Yoga! Whew Wee! Friday was also a bummed out day - so I forgot to eat. Yes, it can be done. That said let me tell you about Saturday...

7 miles. The first 3 were fabtastic. Then suddenly I felt ravenous and amazingly thristy. Kept going. Hit my 3.5 mile marker (which is an old unsued mailbox on the side of the road), and turned around. At this point my MP3 player died. I forgot to charge the battery. And this is where a nice run turned into Hades. I had no music to distract from the discomfort at this point...

The hunger increased, then suddenly disappeared replaced with EXHAUSTION!!! So as I am forcing my body to keep going out of sheer stubborness, I am thinking to myself, "No matter what your weight you MUST eat if you're gonna run," followed by a few explicatives. Okay so here I am stumbling down the road with 2 1/2 miles to go, talking to my body now like it's a horse. "keep going, hunny. one foot after the other." until I feel too thristy and my throat gets so dry it begin to feel sore. But I keep THINKING thoughts at my body as we keep going.

The hills are killer!! SO I admit I walked not quite a half a mile on my way back. But I speed walked! I didn't laze it out... why? Cuz the sooner I got back the sooner I could stop moving.

When I did get back I DID stretch!!! But I could also barely move!! ANd the rest of the day my body sucked my brain power, and I was shy of several IQ points all day. But I got through it.

Important lesson learned: I MUST eat!! Also I increased the weight of my ankle weights!! I am SICK TO DEATH of those hills kicking my booty!! So....

Monday, today I ran on the treadmill for an hour and a half with an extra 2.5 lbs on each leg!!! And I will EAT !!! - except when I'm fasting naturally, which I'll talk more about later... but I am looking forward to a longer juice fast when the baby stops nursing!!

Moral- EAT! Increase weights. Do NOT work to exhaustion!!! Bad bad bad!

Sweat on, ya'll!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment