lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Training for a Half Marathon

I just finished my thrid week of training. First week I ran a total of 11 miles. Second week - 9 miles. Third week- 12 1/2 miles. Sounds pretty neat when you add it all up, doesn't it?

So, I'm not giving up! In 7 weeks I'm going for it! This week I'm going to register. I figure since I've done well with the training so far I'm good to go. And once I register there's no backing out, you know?

Running for F.R.E.E. Last year I ran a freebee in town, 6 K. This time I found one for a cause. It's to raise the awareness of Human Trafficking in this state, well, really in the U.S. So it's 16.someodd miles. AWESOME, huh?!

I'm a little nervous still. 6 week old baby, nursing every night, 6 other children to do for all day. Hubby's been VERY supportive. But I still have this niggling voice in my head that says I can't do it... yeah- I'm ignoring it. A little nervous and also pretty excited! I figure by the time the rcae happens 5 mile runs, like today will be a BREEZE! That's the goal. Making difficult things easy for my body to conquer.

Cheer me on, if you would. I'd appreciate it! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. You are just so amazing christina! Deni

    ReplyDelete