lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday!!


1st Day of training. Yesterday I spent some time changing around my training schedule to suit MY schedule. Today is strength training and stretching. WHooo- hoo. Both favs of mine! Obviously since I am training for a run I will be doing a LOT of it. But along with the running is strengthening, stretching, and a few other things sprinkled in.

Also because of schedule change I will be working out during Quiet Time, after lunch. So I ate lunch a little early to give it time to digest before I begin. I am looking forward to it. If I have time between that and my chiropractor appointment I'll post about it. Gotta get that adjustment in. I can't tell you how uncomfy it is to try running when your hips are out of alignment. SO while this relaxin is still hanging round I gotta keep getting adjusted. Hopefully only 2-3 more times. She's a miracle worker. I know I know. It's a science. but it FEELS like a miracle!!!

Monday Continued...

Well, the workout I picked kicked my butt!! But felt so good. As I guzzle more water I type this. Push ups are not fun while these lingering prego hormones are still giving me carpel tunnel - everytime I do ANything with my hands they start to go numb or get shocks, etc. Very annoying and unconfortable. But I suffered through. Yay me. And ya gotta LOVE those squat/leg lift combos! Whooo. Was the sweat pooring off me! Better out than in though, right?

So I've done my strength training workout. Feeling pretty good bout myself. And tomorrow I go for a 3 mile run. Don't ask me to time it - I don't have a watch for running. And the one I wear for daily stuff is a cheapo from Walmart that would dig into my wrist if I wore it while running. So time is obviously not going to be a concern - maybe someday when I can afford one. But I had to replace that MP3 player, so it got set back a bit. ha ha.

With the late night nursing and the sun not rising early enough running in the am is OUT. SO Hubby will be extra supportive and let me run after he gets home - he said so. Amazingly he thinks I can do this half marathon thing in 12 weeks, and I guess he's being this supportive to show that confidence. Man, I hope he's right.

Great beginning to my week! Sweat on, my sistas! Sweat on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment