lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tuesday!


Okay Ariana, new baby, will be 3 weeks old tomorrow, AND this is her 3rd day with a cold, and my second day on next to NO SLEEP! BUT I got on that horse and did strength training. Yeah yeah, I took a nap later (aweful headache), but I did it!

Deni Preston I am BACK! WHOOO HOOOO!!! I skipped the little bit of shoulder work in the episode this morning, because of the work I did yesterday. So much felt great! I am looking forward to running again!! Also, I am binding my abs because they split again this pregnancy. Binding them helps them go back together AND while working out prevents me from injuring them or making the situation worse. No, I am NOT doing any workouts that focus on abs till they are healed properly. But let's face it you use your abs for EVERYTHING!

Also I counted my caloric intake today... I am NOT eating enough! So I gotta get that figured out. And I am back to being hypoglycemic as well. Ho hum. But I'm not fainting, YAY! So I'm not too bad off. I've been keeping an eye out for this stuff since the baby was born, and I'm doing pretty well. The "Happy Pills" (AKA. Placenta pills) are doing loads of good for me!

Note to those who may be concerned: I am not starting this regimine too early. I promise. If I was I would start bleeding again, or feel exhausted. Niether of which has happened. I am NOT pushing myself beyond what I can do. AND I've started in the beginner/itermediate rate. I feel great!! Better than I have with any of the other births. Oddly enough after each birth I feel better than after the one before, and recover more quickly. Everyone recovers at their own pace, and this is mine. So cheer me on!

I also doubt I'm drinking enough, so I'm gonna get a handle on that as well. I am taking a fantastic mutiVitamin, my happy pills, and the 5-W herbal pills (to help with adrenal functions). I think my thryoid's wigged out again, so I'll look into that soon. But for the first 6 or so months my body doesn't really know which way is up, so that's why I take this stuff. It helps my hormones level out, while my body is trying to remember how to produce them. And it keeps me happy, I kid you not. Homornal function has sooo much to do with mood. And usually I experience quite a bit of postpartum depression. Now, I may go downhill around month 3 (which is usually when it gets bad for me). But right now I am PPD FREE! And hoping to avoid the entire issue altogether!

So, I've talked about my recovery, how old the baby is, and what I did today? DId I leave anything out??? OH YES!!! Yes I did. Remember a long long time ago when I said I wanted to run a marathon. Well, that's my goal again. I am working out inside until the weather improves and the sun rises before 6 am, getting back my strength and working on my aerobic ability. I got the treadmil out, but don't want to get on it just yet.

So this is the beginning of me training for my 26 mile run. When? I'm thinking about a date, but don't have one yet. When I do, I'll post it!

No comments:

Post a Comment