lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday's


Somethin's up with the server, it won't let me upload pics, so I'll try to add them later today or tomorrow. That said-

STEP KICKBOXING ! ! ! Okay, I guess you can tell I like Kickboxing! I do. And I'll also admit that this episode in particular is, I think, my fav. You can find it by scrolling down to March 23, 8 am. Now this is one I would seriously advise you watch at least the first 10 minutes of it, unless you're familiar with the punches. Don't be afraid of it!! It's fun! I know it took me a couple of tries to get them right, and I had a few classes back in the day (you know, before I had all these kids? lol). If you are unsure as to your punching tecnique, watch Amy, the blonde ponytail in the front. Now, I'm not saying you have to keep up her energy level, just try to mimic her flow with the punches. If you never watch boxing, or kickboxing, you won't know that part of the move is to pull back the fist after the punch just as much as the punch itself is part of the move.

If you don't have the equipment, don't despair!! I took pics of the equipment I use, but like I said I have to upload them later. But here's a list: A tupperware container of linkin' logs (I kid you not!) - that's my step. It's a little higher than the riser that they use on the show, so sometimes I'm a little slower, but it works! two 28 oz. cans of Bush Beans (about 2 lbs each); 2 wrist weights; one 3 lb weight; and one 5 lb weight. The hand weights are pretty cheap, but the cans from food storage are cheaper. When I started out I was just using the Bush beans. Now I use them plus the weights in various combinations. I don't have a mat, I make do with the carpet, or wood floor. And WATER!!! For kickboxing, I can go through two 20 oz bottles. Hydration! Hydration! Hydration! Water is the essense of life!!

So, kickboxing - try it, see if it tickles your fancy. If not, try something else. As long as I've got the sweat pooring off me, I can feel the irritation of the previous day (or whatever) pooring out too. Then I jump in the shower to wash it all off. Ahhhh! Fresh Happy Me!

One thing I'd like to mention, no matter what I do for my release that morning I always include stretching and a back twist. I LOOOOOOOOVVVVVVE the spinal twists!!! And stretching is sooooo important after you work those muscles, unless you like a super stiff and sore body while you go through your day :)
Thought for the Day: WHOOOOO HOOOOO! Feel GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment