lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday

It's still very dark outside.

Sunday I take it easy. Restorative yoga is my way of giving myself a present for getting up early.

A point about restorative yoga - it's not any easier than any other practice that is not as restful. We are still challenging our bodies and minds in these practices. Restorative is more restful and quiet... its' healing and helping to relieve our bodies and muscles of tension and stress. And who wouldn't feel better after getting rid of a little stress?

Oh my goodness, I actually missed pigeon! :( Got that loud POP of release with the spinal twist. WONDERFUL! The backs of my legs, especially my calves were tight when I began this practice, but half way through my heels were almost on the floor in downward facing dog. Nice. Felt much better when I was done.
So restorative is not only good for the digestive system, the inner organs, one's mental tranquility, but it also does wonders for tight muscles. yum.
Relieved some tension from the thighs, always a good thing. Also released tension from the shoulders and back. Feels soooooo good.
The sun has risen to show a blue blue sky. Somehow warming up as the sun rises add to my energy level for the day. I am ready to go change diapers, make breakfast, and all those other mommy things on my list. Well, after a quick rinse in the shower ;)

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment