lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday Workout


Okay, ya'll. Here's my very first post here. A little about me? ummmm. I'm a busy homeschooling, happily married, mother of 6 (so far). I'm a little over 5 foot tall, and with all the pregnancies my weight has gone from skinny as a rail to big as an elephant and back again.. a few times. I am presently 15 mths postpartum. And it takes my body, reguardless of my level of effort, at least 12 moths to return to my prepregnancy weight and size.

I have been doing yoga, unproffesionally for about 7 yrs. And I have been running for almost 4 yrs. I discovered a wonderful free online program about 2 yrs ago, and have been participating with that several times a week. I love it. It's Deni Preston's Total Body Workout on BYU TV. I love Deni! Can't say enough good things about her, her philosophy, and her program! Go to BYU TV streaming, and after it loads, scroll down to almost any day of the week and pick 8am, Total Body Work Out. It's a terrific hour long workout no matter your level. It's great for beginners and advanced excercisers.

Okay- This blog is to document and share my excercise experiences. Share the things I do, my intesity, and my enthusiasm for this activity. Being a busy mom of 6, I may be unable to record every single day, but I am going to make an effort. And if I fall behind I'll catch you up.

So, today, this morning, I followed Deni Preston's intense episode Strength Training. An hour long workout of simultaneous weight training, aerobics, and step. It's one of my favorites. Worked my quads, obliques, and biceps big time; while also engaging all of my other muscles to support the poses, stretching, and lifting. It was GGGGGGRRRRREAT!

My thought for today is: No matter where you are, or what you do, always have some form of excercise in your life! Sweat = Cheer! Lifts your mood! So have a great day and sweat a little to start it off right!

No comments:

Post a Comment