lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday


The sun is just rising now. I love being up for a sunrise.
Basic Flow Yoga with the Total Body Workout class today. When choosing the episode for this morning I considered my body... which was CHILLY! So I didn't want to do anything that was going to be too still. But I also don't like to do the same type of things two days in a row in my mornings. I find when I do, I end up pushing my muscles in the same ways I did the previous day. Not a good idea. They need to recover. I wanted to do yoga, need some centering and focus. Basic flow is great for this.


For yoga, I keep my equipment nearby. One of my husband's newer socks, it works as a strap; and water. I don't have blocks, so I make do without by not going too deep into positions my body says "no" too or altering the position slightly as more of a beginner pose for comfort, especially in Restorative.


Isn't it amazing how even when you feel your muscles quivering, your breath stays smooth? Three cheers for boat pose!!! That positions kicks my bum every time! But I love it. Then as I lay in a spinal twist I hear the delightful release sound- snap, pop. Ahhhh. I've earned it. Yum.


Got an early appointment today. But I'm so glad I made time for some exercise for just me this morning. Alone time. Yum, yum, yummy!


Thought for the day: everyone needs alone time. Even busy mommies. So, moms, make some time for yourself. Do something fun.


Have a great day!! Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment