lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday

Delayed in posting due to babies and diapers...
This morning? I got up, took some ibuprofen and laid back down for 30 minutes. Then I got up again. Took stock of myself and renewed my relationship with the treadmill. I know this may be getting TMI here... but I have my period. I strongly believe in NOT running faster than I am able; in NOT going longer than I can; and NOT pushing my body harder than it can take. That said, I have a long to do list today, 6 children, and not as much energy as I usually have - which to be honest is tested on a regular basis even without a drain such as illness or a feminine fairy. Speaking of illness, I dunno if it's allergies or what, but I feel like I have a cold of some sort. *cough cough*

So I got on the treadmill and went at a rather sedate pace. I stayed on for about an hour, enjoying the pace, the heat, and the solitude, until the baby let me know her needs.

Yes, I did get on the treadmill, I did not lounge in bed. BUT - if I had felt the need to lie in bed I would have! And so should you! I got out of bed and on the treadmill because I WANTED to, not because I HAD to. Because I don't HAVE to. It's my free time to do with what I will until someone else wakes up, right. And I chose to exercise. I like it. I enjoyed it. I would have stayed in bed if I didn't.

I forget it, often. But I'm trying to get better. I think all moms forget this very important rule. If no one takes care of mom, the mom won't be able to take care of everyone else. You're in a high position of authority. Your children are learning how to take care of themselves by how you take care of you. So treat yourself right. You only give yourself more headaches if you don't.

Thought for the day: Rest when rest is needed. Honor your body's needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment