lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday!!!

I wanted to do an aerobic workout this morning cuz I've been pushing my muscles pretty hard so far this week. I wanted a good sweat and to push my lungs, but lay off most muscles groups today. Something easy for my body to do. So the plan was to get on the treadmill. But our 2 yr old is sick and in our bed. Treadmill will wake her... going to the dr later (which I don't normally do) However I did find something!!!

So much fun this morning... first off let me just say I have always wanted to learn how to dance, and have never had a natural talent for it. I am one of those goofy girls on the dance floor who dances alone for fear of hurting someone but can't stay off the dance floor altogether. Dance Off the Inches: Fat Burning Jam was this morning's workout. The video itself is a 36 minute routine... but I PROMISE I worked out for at least an hour as I needed to repeat several sections over and over again.

What I got hung up on was the box step. She doesn't explain how to do that one- just jumps in like EVERYONE knows it. Well, now I can box step... most of the time. When they reverse it I get a little off kilter. They covered some basic stuff, then Latin steps, then some jazz. I did pretty good (I thought) till the jazzy stuff. I even had to goosle how to SLOWLY get the box step. But other than that I thought I did pretty well! YaY! me!!

I did add some stretching to the end. AND I know I wanted to lay off most muscle groups and did, but this workout challenged my abs. All that controlled hip movement! Fantastic!! When our Netflix free month runs out I may have to buy this one. My only issue is when I master it the 36 minutes is not enough. I prefer to workout an hour or more, unless crunched for time. So we'll see. Maybe I'll find an even better one. But i'll repeat this one for fun I'm sure till I nail all those moves.

Great sweat!!! Just pooring off me. LOVE IT!!

One of the things I'd like to mention is that I've lost another pound!!! I can feel them just melting away now that my muscles are back to a good start. I fit better into my "bigger" jeans... and according to the Dentist secretary I look really good for 7 kids -BEFORE she knew I JUST had the last... so that's encouraging as well. I think one of the key things to losing weight and feeling good while you do it is focussing on all the good comments over and over. Every good thought needed to be replayed in the mind. Mudhamed Ali said that he HATED his workouts, but he wouldn't stopp because in the end he'd live a champion. He succeeded.

Been thinking a lot about dreams - what are your dreams for yourself? Been reading the Magic of Thinking Big... It's really sinking into my skull too. My workout dreams are: be lean, fit, strong, and have loads of energy throughout my days every day! Curves aren't bad, but I want mine a little smaller (built like an hourglass here). I want long lean muscles with lots of strength! I want to be able to run FOREVER! I mean I want to run to town and back if I feel like it (live out in the boonies). And I want to have the energy and exercise and STAY fit all through the rest of my pregnancies. I haven't been able to do this yet. But I want it- and I want it BAD!! I want kicking abs! I don't care if you can see that they're strong, I don't wear revealing clothing. But I want them strong for ME! I want to be able to go out and do ANYTHING I want and not be held back by lack of strength or stamina. So I've had 7 children. Well I plan on having more. But that does NOT mean that I cannot be a STRONG Momma! It does not mean that I have to be soft lie a pillow for the rest of my life. I am strong inside! I want my outside to reflect my inside. I wanna be able to toss these wonderful kids around all the time! I wanna run kites with them ALL The time!! I want to feel light and lean! I also want to teach my girls that Mom's should be healthy anf fit! The average size of a woman in the US is 14-16. The clothing industry has even changed their sizes to make women feel better about their extra weight! A size one from 5 yrs ago is now a a teen size 10!!
I have no desire to be underweight or look like an anoxic model. But I want to look like I feel inside!

So I am thinking this way: I am thin! I AM light! I am Lean! I am strong! I LOVE sweat! I love the burn! It's not pain! It's sensation! It's work! I love work! And I have great posture!

Yeah I just threw that last one in :) But I want that too!

So what are your fitness dreams? Come on!! I used to weight 190 lbs at 5 foot! I have been (in between babies) 120lbs of nice muscle! I can do it- so can you! What do you want for yourself? Flatter abs? Stronger back? Leaner thighs? You CAN have all that and more!! You have to want it bad enough! Then you have to change your thinking. You deserve all this! You deserve to feel great everyday! You deserve to have fun in moving your body!

So move it! And lose it!! Sweat on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment