lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday!

This is YOGA week!! I need to focus on RELAXING!!! I have been VERY stressed out lately and it is affecting my sleep, moods, overall progress, and work production. So we're gonna try something. Every Yoga teacher tells you that Yoga will help you to relax, as well as tighten your tushy, strengthen your body, and all the other things that appeal to your ear when hearing about an exercise. Yes, Yoga does all of those things... and yes, I have found Yoga to be relaxing. BUT this week we're gonna see just how relaxed I can get with daily Yoga.

This morning I needed something non stressful, and something that doesn't feel like it take tons of energy. And for some reason I have a stomache ache - having them often lately. Working on figuring this out. I also needed something that didn't take long. I feel tired all the time right now becasue of the stress I am carrying around, and these are what I looked for this morning in my workout.

So where did I go? youtube.com YogaZone- Total Body Conditioning. I've got a dvd of YOGA ZONE loaned out right now- so I'm familiar with their style, and like it. 20 minutes of relaxing poses that help slow the breathing, bring oxygen into every cell in your body, and she said it slowed the aging process (and we all know decreasing stress does this) and how breathing more effeciently will do these things. It worked on posture, abdominal strength, and oh my goodness I did Triangle and LIKED it. I dunno, maybe it was the way she talked me into the pose, but it felt more possible today, I felt my abs getting stronger, I felt the beauty of this challenging straight pose. I worked through the entire workout, but it did't feel like working. I'm warmed up but not exhausted. My mindis more focused and clear while I also feel more relaxed.

So this is the beginning of my Yoga week. Everyday Yoga. I am hoping to feel a lift in my mood, and less stress ( a LOT less) but then end of this week. Follow along and I will share each day's results, if any with you. THanks for reading. Sweat on!

No comments:

Post a Comment