lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, June 19, 2010

5K 10K

I ran my 1st PUBLIC run this morning! I registered for the 5K... but I ran the 10K! Go me! Go Me! GO ME!

My times... nothing to brag about- 5K : 37:11
10K- 1:17:change. My brain couldn't register that many numbers.

I met my friend there, we ran separately. But she stayed to watch me finish, isn't she sweet. Another friend showed up and cheered! So cool. It never occur ed to me that it might be nice to have cheerleaders... but it was. Borderline embarrassing, but I got over it quick.

So I did it. I want to do it again tomorrow! I am going to run every 5K, 10K I can locally this summer. I am stoked! It was so much fun. I didn't expect it to be fun at all. But somewhere along the way I just settled into my music and sang/danced along and just ignored the group thing. I was waved at and waved back... and the entire PUBLIC deal I was nervous about wasn't a deal at all. It was FUN! So I HAVE to do it again!

The run itself? Oh, it was interesting to watch most people take off like a shot, then see them walk later, and pass them while I maintain my snail-like jog. I'm glad I held myself back though - I didn't need to walk at ALL! So proud of myself. Lately I've felt heavier... and running with an (even if it's just in my head) heavier hippo draggin along in the back is a bit of a chore. But my hippo pounded the pavement all the way.

Congratulations to my hippo and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment