lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Eating Habits-

Mine change... often. This week breakfast has been 1/2 cup cottage cheese w/ a slice of pineapple (canned), with a package of oatmeal, tsp of molasses, with skim milk. I am going the vegetarian route. Not really on purpose. But the meat make my stomach feel heavy. And running with e heavy stomach is uncomfortable.

I have gone veggie before for periods of time... just because it felt good at the time. Then I would go back into meats. I have had one piece of poultry this week. Oh, and not vegan. I have a dairy cow, who is going to calf soon (thank you friends!) , and a dairy goat, and a small flock of chickens. Vegan just isn't realistic for me, as the eggs are free and Tofu (or whatever - and don't get me wrong I make a mean tofu stir fry) is expensive. Just veggie, not vegan. I did eat fish last week. Not as tasty as I had anticipated, but I'm the one who cooked it, so I can only blame myself.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is: I think I may be giving up meat for a while. Red meat certainly. So what's with the cottage cheese and molasses? I'm trying to get all my nutrients and vitamins in. Molasses is high in iron too! Which can be depleted in women fairly quickly and leave us feeling sluggish and fatigued. Cottage cheese? Calcium, obviously, but also protein! And yes, I take calcium pills too, but not all of the pill is assimilated into the body- the sad side of most pills. Pineapple? Vit C. Never can have too much! Oatmeal? Fiber and other good stuff, including more calcium from the milk. And yeah- if the oats are clean they are gluten free. Though there are many GF people, like our second daughter, who cannot tolerate oats either.

I don't follow any plan- it's like against my nature or something. If I have rules, I break them. Can't help it, just happens. I don't follow any ideal diet out of a book or anything. It's all trial and error for me.

So things are a-changin'. But those of you who know me, know that changing is something I constantly do. And yet I manage to be predictable (according to hubby)... How DO I do that?

Though of Diet? D o you feel good? Do you feel like you think you should? If not then perhaps you should take a look at your diet. Figure out what makes you feel good/bad. Wean off the bad feeling foods and gradually increase good feeling foods. That's my motto anyway.

Sweat on!

No comments:

Post a Comment