lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thursday-

3 hours of sleep (more like 2), cramps, and a 3 mile run on my schedule for this morning. So... did I run? Darn right I did!- After I took a little choice painkiller. Well, truthfully I had to walk about an 8th of a mile. But the rest of it I ran. A Brad Paisely instrumental tune revved my hippo into high gear for a while too.

I feel pretty good about this morning's run/walk. I was tempted not to go. I was tempted to cut it short. But I didn't. Why? Because the idea felt like a cop out instead of a physical need. Sure, I'm tired. One could even say I'm a little pissed off because of the entire ordeal of last night. But the fatigue is due to lack of sleep, not overexertion. And my being a wee bit pissy is a VERY good reason TO run.

If I had stayed in bed, I would not have gotten enough sleep to improve my edginess, I just would have had more of what I got last night. Children waking me up over and over and over and over again. I don't see how that would have improved things. And honestly, the thing that's going to get on my nerves is THEIR crankiness because of THEIR lack of sleep. Oh well. We'll get through it.

Thought for the Day: I run for my sanity. What do you do to keep yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment