lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, June 21, 2010

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - Monday

LSD- Long Slow Distance. You thought I was talking about something else, didn't you? This morning I did a nice slow recovery 5 miles. Enjoyed the fragrant Spring morning at 6 am. I interupted a breakfast. A herd of horses was nibbling at a hay bale when I jogged by, and they are just like people. Had to stop doing what they were doing and watch. Both times I passed. So I treated them just like people. I continued to sing along, waved, and even said "Hi!".

My mosquito bitten ankles itched mildly every step of the way... but after my shower I painted them with clear finger nail polish again and Ahhhhhh. Relief. Yes, after they are scratched open fingernail polish is just the thing to keep you from permenently scarring yourself.

My hippo dragged a bit, but as this was an LSD run, it was just fine. No walking for me. I have conquered on of my monster hills, so I don't think I'll name it... but the second? It's called : SKUNK. Cuz it's a stinker! Focused on posture going up this evil thing. Nice a slow.

I would like to revisit something... it was pointed out to me that 5K and 10K were "really far" this weekend. I don't agree... BUT for those of you who feel this way I have a few things to say, or rather repeat. I am by no means a string bean. I am a very typical female. My thighs rub together, I've got the dreaded muffin top of many moms, I'm well endowed, and I have a J-Lo-ish bum. I'm short, 5 foot 1 inch... It's so sad I know the exact figure. And I started this whole running thing with a walk/run postpartum. I found 1 mile to be a chore. Monthes later, of what DH calls self torture, I can enjoy a 6 and even an 8 mile run with enthusiasm.

I do some strength training, aerobics, and anaerobics. I play with our kids, work with the animals, labor along side DH and love life more and more as I become a healthier person.

My thought for the Day is: 1 miles is far, only if you think it is. I don't say to myself- I'm going to run 6 miles today, I say I'm going to go for 3 and see how I feel as I go. Then at each spot/hill/whathaveyou I remind myself that I just need to go past the next telephone poll, or mailbox, or ten more feet up this blasted hill and then I can recover. I'm slow. I'm not super fit. But I'm in love, so I run. Find something you can love. Fall in love and then it will never seem like an impossibility again.

No comments:

Post a Comment