lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, June 3, 2010

SHOES ! ! ! !

I posted a long while back that for running you need a good shoe. Well, what I had was good enough at the time. It was affordable and I wasn't running 20 + miles a week. But now, in taking my own advice, and the advise of so many other runners, and I have a runner blog list the length of my arm that I follow!- I got new shoes!
Let me say thay again - I have new running shoes! I have REAL running shoes! There is actually a real shoe store out here in the middle of nowhere Missouri. And the gentleman who runs the store knows his shoes! He's a serious shoe guy. He asked if I was a geek runner... meaning that I would run no matter the weather to get my miles in. I confessed that I wasn't and used the other day's weather to prove it. But I did share that I was training for a half marathon... whether or not that made me a "real runner" I don't know. I got to thinking about it... do I consider myself a "real runner"? Answer: Nah. Real runners are those super fit people who have next to no meat on their bones and have thos running shirts and skirts. YEs, there are women who run in those skirts. Of course there's nothing to their legs, let alone anything to be ashamed to show off.

So, what am I? I dunno. A wannabe runner? I mean what exactly are the qualifications? ANd heck, what difference does it make? I love to run, so I do. Isn't THAT the point?

Anyway, back to the shoes!!! I tried a few pairs on. One pair, almost like the ones I brought home, had an arch the dug into my foot, and it was hard. Another pair were like a quarter size too big, and my feet were slipping around. Bu the ones I bought? They are darn near orgasmic! Go ahead and laugh. It's true! They not only support my feet but caress them as I move. I think I'm beginning to understand why runners freak out about shoes.

Gel! Who knew they put gel into shoes? So smart! The shoelaces are even at an angle, so as to not dig into my foot when pushing off the ground. So clever! They're ugly. But I think all sneakers are ugly. Mine even have purple on them. Purple? Oh so NOT my favorite color. But hey- it doesn't matter.

I have awesome shoes! If anyone is interested I got asics. I'm in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment