lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thursday Continued...

Estimated 5 mile run this evening. Maybe a tad over, perhaps a tad under. But I'm counting it as my long run for the week. Next week my schedule says my long run is 6 miles. I'm definitely doing it in the morning! The heat and humidity is aweful right now.

I stopped at the bridge, can you picture a bridge on a dirt road?, to stretch my calves which were tensing up on me. Then I walked up the Brute, at the top of which I had a nice little play time with some Jack Russels. Next time she has a litter, I'm gonna have to ask for one.

The view was terrific. I focused on keeping my posture correct on the hills. The flock of turkeys was fun to watch. I startled a deer. Then on the way back a deer startled me. She was 15 feet from me, after the initial jump, just staring. Beautiful. I think she had a fawn in the bush I ran next to which may have been why she bounced away till I passed. Because after I passed, she bounced back.

It was a euphoric run. Just lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment