lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday Conitnued - Mirror Moment

I just had a great run! I didn't time it, or measure it... I even tried a new route with a KILLER hill. I've been running on the roads. But tonight I felt like going a new direction. There's a gravel road down the road a bit. So that's where I headed. I saw a deer on the way.

At the first mailbox there is a MONSTER hill. You'd need four-wheel drive after a drizzle to get back up this thing. As I ran down I reminded myself, "If ya run down ya gotta run back up it, dingbat!". At the bottom of the hill off to the left is a dirt road. No gravel. So I took a left. I've never been down these roads.

Down the dirt road I found plants I've never seen before, deer tracks, fox and coyote tracks, and wild turkeys. 3 of them. They lit off when they saw me coming, but left me some nice tracks. Did you know wild turkeys have some BIG feet? The track was half the size of my size 8 shoe.
Anyway-I ran down that way for a while. The road is really long. Don't where it goes yet, or if it goes anywhere. But eventually I turned around and came back.

It was lovely on the way back as well. Then came that hill. I walked. There was no way I could have even pretended to jog up that hill.

New route? I'm gonna go back first chance with a truck and measure it out. I'm gonna run that till that hill is a piece of cake. If I can run that one the other will be a breeze. Especially since I can already jog up the other one. Nice new scenery and everything. I'll have to post pics. It's nice.

Stretched and now I'm ready for a shower. But first- I had a mirror moment. What's that? Oh you've had many I'm sure. We all have. That moment when we look in the mirror and mentally scream- What the HECK? That can NOT be me! In my head is a picture of me... and that reflection does not match. It's not an unreasonable picture either. I'm just not there yet.. so I will just keep pluggin along till I get there. It's good to have moments where we remember all the padding we need to get rid of. Let's not dwell on it. But a little reminder now and then is good.

And yes, that run made me feel all better! I love endorphins and stress relief of running!

I measured myself too- I'll post the result in the morning! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment