lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wednesday Continued...

Extra mileage in my day. Met hubby at the park after work. While he played with the kids I went for a quick 1.36 miles. At least that's what the sign said, red route - 1.36 miles. So Total for the day : 5.36 miles. Cool.

Why did I run that last 1.36 miles? Well, I've never run in town before, and I have never run on such a flat surface before! I live around hills, and MONSTER Hills. They are such monsters I'm going to start naming them. That awful, terrible you need 4 wheel drive after a drizzle to go up is called Brute.

Anyway, in town run - It didn't take hardly any time at all. But I have to say, "I Hate running in the afternoon during the summertime". I got hot quickly, my mouth became parched quickly, not the most comfortable run despite the flat land. So I ran around people. A black labbish thing tried to either rub against me or run me off the path. I agilely sidestepped the walking rug. I felt a little self conscious at the start, but even more so when it came time to stretch. Now, I don't know about you, but I do not mess around with stretching. I NEVER skip it! But I felt a little stupid at the park stretching in front of these other chics who were sitting around watching their kids and/or reading/chatting.

While we picnicked I did see an older gentlemen hit the pavement. And before I began I saw a tiny little chica running along too. So I was the only chunky monkey? So what? I was also the only one with 6 kids. I'm sure there are a dozen other ways in which I was unique this afternoon. But in the end we're all just people, right? Maybe no one thought I was cool. If I'm lucky no one noticed at all. Doesn't really matter though. I know I'm cool.

Once I got going it didn't matter. I just kept thinking, "I'd rather eat asphalt that be seen walking". I walk with my family- totally cool with it. But on my own? I run. So I'd laugh at myself and suddenly it didn't matter if anyone else was there. I ran. I enjoyed it, parched mouth and all.

1 Question answered today. Can I run in public? Yup. Good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment