lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, May 28, 2010

A few things I've failed to mention...

1- On the treadmill I now run with wrist weights. Otherwise it just doesn't feel like a workout.

2- I have turned my ankles twice, once each ankle, on potholes in the road. So far not incapacitating, just sore after the run. But next day it's fine even after the run.

3- My ankles are getting tight after a run. I am having to incorporate ankle stretches at the end of my runs. - Solution? Get better shoes!

4- Sometimes after a tough run I get super tired after breakfast. I usually tough it out till after lunch when I can do some desk work. But today I'm gonna have to lie down. I know today I only 3 miles, but I pushed hard.

5- After a run I have been craving carbs... which I normally steer clear of. I skip the breads and pasta, even homemade and gluten free. Today I gave in, the craving was so string, and after a slice of Cinnamon bread my body was so happily sated it wanted a nap.

So, a few questions here about numbers 4 and 5... I'm on this plateau of weight loss - meaning I'm not losing right now. And now I'm craving carbs - known villians of weight GAIN! So - Am I tried after a difficult run because I'm not eating enough carbs? Should I increase my carb intake to accommodate this physical need? OR Should I ignore the carb cravings so I don't put on extra padding and just try to get more sleep at night (ha ha)? Try being the operative word there.

Any ideas ? ? ?

4 comments:

  1. Yes, you do need more carbs if you are putting in a lot of mileage. If you don't get enough, your body gets better at hanging on to what storage you're already trying to lose... you need them for strong workouts too! I try to get mine from whole grain sources, I don't know what choices are available when you are looking for gluten free options though. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya- Thanks ! I guess I'll be adding more rice and potatos, and brown rice and bean flour based recipes! There are lots of ways I have found to get in extra fiber and healthy carbs into our Guten Freed diet. I learn so much from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Christina! Might I make a small suggestion? Take off the wrist weights and wear a weight vest. You are doing harm to your shoulders and other areas due to offset stress. Put the weight in the center of your body. YOu will get a great, SAFE, workout.
    Wow, what a stud you are! Or should I say a studette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, Deni! That might explain the should tightness lately too! Right now I'm skipping the extra weight as the hills I've been attacking outside are enough of a challenge ;) Thank you ! ! ! You're so cool!

    ReplyDelete