lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday Contniued...

This afternoon, Hubby got home early and I had a desire to check out the terrain in another direction. So, with his support, I ran in the sun and heat. Not far, 2 1/2 miles maybe. Lovely view. Everything looks different on foot. It started out with a steep, and I do mean STEEP, hill. The incline kicked my sorry BEhind. The rest was nice and easy. Not as many hills, but I think it makes up for that with that super steep hill. It's semi steep going back home as well. So I got some burnin' goin' on. Not bad.

I sweat, just as much as most women I guess. But when I run in heat like this, my face turns red. I looked like a strawberry coming home, in the shower and afterward. My face was giving off so much heat I am hesitant to repeat the experience. Eventually it cooled down to a light cherry glow, which is odd because I am so pale. Very white girl, that's me.

Glad I went anyway though. I have a new goal. BEAT THE HILL! So I will. When I cooled off I felt famished. I ate two meat/cheese rolls (one slice of meat to one slice of cheese - it's a monster roll), a salad, and a handful of dried mangoes. Yum. Yesterday though I ate several vanilla wafers I made at home. So, if it looks like I always eat right, it's a LIE. I don't. But this evening I ate what my body wanted. Truly - I looked at the bag of cookies, but my stomach said, "Nope". So I passed them by.

So the Amazing Shrinking Hippo will Beat the Hill. What's your next goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment