lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Looking for a run


I am scheduled to run in June with a friend a local 5 K. It's free from what we understand. Then Run again with same friend in July in a town we'll both be at for a family trip (that's the plan anyway). But I'm looking for a half marathon...

Well, I've been online looking for a run that I'm willing to pay money for. It's hard to find one that's not on a Sunday. I couldn't find a half marathon in my state not on a Sunday and not next month! But I did find a full 26 mile marathon. So I am seriously thinking about it. There's a cut off time of 7 hours though. As I have no idea how long I would take for that ... I mean seriously would it take me longer than 14 minutes a mile? At 14 minutes per mile it would take 6.20 hours. Obviously I'm not looking to win anything - just finish.

So I am thinking about it. Seriously thinking. I dunno if I'm ready for a full 26. whatever miles though. I've got my training schedule right here if I decide to go for it... hmmmm.

Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Its hard to say. I'm sure that you will have feelings one way or the other as the time for the full marathon gets closer. Its a bummer that there aren't a lot of choices around here!

    ReplyDelete