lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Saturday- Ankle Pain

Now I'm not a sissy, but I do know that I need to listen to my body so I can take care of it. Last night the ankle I rolled on Wednesday was hurting, so I put a hot pad on it, hubby rubbed it (heaven), and then a hot shower made it feel much better. But this morning it was super stiff and hurting again. So I'm going to give it today to heal up. I'm going to wrap it, to give it support, and go about my day. Then tomorrow morning I'll do 3 miles to get it back into action.

But today I'm going to honor the need for rest, and wait. Tomorrow is soon enough. Let's face it, I do NOT want to make myself lame. Why? Because, my friends, I HAVE to run. It has become a need. Not a want. A Need.

I'll do extra stretching today and in the morning, to help it along. It does feel better than it did last night, I think I should have worn a bandage yesterday but didn't think of it because it was only a tiny bit sore. I wonder if I've learned my lesson? We'll have to wait and see.

Sweat on!

No comments:

Post a Comment