lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thursday- ABS!

I know, I know. I sound like a broken record. But let's look at my goals here. I want to train for a half marathon, then go on to a full marathon- that's 26 miles, folks. Please note: I am taking this seriously. And let's face it, abs are half my core. Every one's core. While you I strengthen one half of my core the other half strengthens as well. The back! Do you think crunches only works one side of the body? Yeah the abs are the target, but your back has to work to hold you up there too. Every time we do yoga, we work the abs, the back, and ALL of the other muscle groups as well. This is just focusing on my core. The stronger my core, the stronger my entire body. The core is what holds you up!

Right now you're probably leaning a bit forward, a little hunched over, shoulder rotated towards the screen, back bowed... none of these things are a good way to treat your back, but we all do it while on the computer. A terrific way to work on the ever important posture is to strengthen that core, powerhouse, gut, center, whateveryouwanttocallit. It's is so important to the way you move, feel as you move, and feel in general. It even effects your health (in my humble opinion).

So, I feel, strengthening my abs is something I need to take seriously to accomplish my fitness goals.

But, I'll be honest boat pose KILLS me everysingletime! And that thing we do right before the super slow bicycle? Oh my gosh it kicks my butt! But it'll pay off and eventually it will be EASIER! I won't stop till it is easy!

Thought for the Day: If you are not moving forward, you're moving backwards. What is your direction? (Our daughter in the picter is asking)

No comments:

Post a Comment