lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday- 130

Yoga- ABDOMINALS! Oh my gosh this practice kicked my butt! Or should I say abs?! WOW!! I felt I could be done after Boat Pose! And that was the first ab pose we did! Well, needless to say, I will be working this particular workout into (probably) my weekly routine. Like I have said many many times, after birthing 6 kids my abs can seriously use the strength. But as I was doing these poses I kept thinking, I'm gonna keep doing them until they are easy! It's just the way I am. Something scares me? I'll eventually do it. Something is difficult? I do it until it's easy.

I'm masochistic that way, what can I say?

I added Pigeon to my stretching this morning because my legs are still tight, but that may have more to do with the chilly temp than the workout I did Tuesday. I did not sweat at all this morning, but I need a warm room to perspire. In the winter I'll take a space heater into a small room to workout out in so I can actually get warm enough to stretch. Not the greatest circulation and I'm cold blooded. So it take a bit to get me hot. Not that I don't sweat! I do. Get me nervous and I sweat buckets. Ha Ha. With aerobics and my runs I usually do too. But with yoga it doesn't happen often. Oh well. Just gotta keep at it.

Thought for the Day: Whatever your motivation for exercise, be sure that it helps you feel good about you! It's not about what you look like, ladies. Although I know seeing a smaller tailgate is reason to cheer some days. But the larger scope is more important. How it makes you feel about your insides, not your outsides, is what really matters. Starting because you want to see less of yourself in the mirror, is a great beginning. But eventually you need to look more inwardly - do a headcheck. Does the routine help your self esteem? Does it help your outlook on life? Does it help your daily mood? Does it enrich your life, is the bottom line. Does it? Enrich your life? - Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment