lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Saturday and brownies.

Outside RUN!! YAY! Sun! 5 miles, go me! I wanted to go further, but I had an early appointment on top of a very busy day.

So today I have a Big and Rich 5 miles run. Good group. I'm not so keen on their second cd, but the first is great. Little bit of Jamie Cullum mixed it made for a terrific run.

I've noticed something this week... I've been trying to incorporate a little more into my diet, extra salad, yogurt, etc (and yeah, a brownie is sneaking in now and then too). But what I've noticed is that after I exercise I feel like I'm starving. And my breakfasts have been bigger - I've been eating 2 egg omelets with cheese (dill & green onion) with a yogurt. So that comes to about 280 calories. I eat till I'm full and give any leftovers away, so I'm not stuffing myself. But I don't seem to be very hungry for the rest of the day. I pick at things here and there, but I haven't needed a meal for lunch or supper. I'm not trying to keep myself from eating, and my snacks are pretty good- a hand full of almonds, an apple, a carrot, etc. But I'm not eating as much as I was a week ago, so my trying to incorporate more into my daily eating isn't go well anymore.

So, what am I gonna do? I'm gonna honor my body's signals, eat when hungry, and abstain when I'm not. *shrug* Then I'll just see what happens. So I'm eating big breakfasts, when before I ate very little if anything- a smoothy, a yogurt, or something like that. Now I *need* protein with whatever it is. And now I need a lot more than I did. Weird.

About the brownies, cookies, whatever. I keep a journal of what I eat. It's disorganized and there are days I don't fill it in (because I'm not home, not because I'm naughty). I admit to every single sweet I succumb to. And I'm not about starving myself, or depriving myself of a single desire for a brownie. I can stop at one. Now. Before I had difficulty, and so didn't keep sweets easily accessible. But now, it's cool. And I've been experimenting with finding a good gluten free brownie recipe. Took some tweaking but I got it, and it took some tasting. No, I have not added any brownie weight, so I think I'm good :) So that's my brownie story.

No comments:

Post a Comment