lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Juice Feast - Today

Okay, now I mentioned that the Chinese food I made last week tasted AWESOME, but also seemed to gunk up my system... even days later I still feel heavy in the gut. So I'm going on a juice fast. Just a quick one.

I will be running in the morning and working out on Monday, so fasting longer than a day or two just isn't wise. Especially with this training beginning. It's just not smart to fast when you're on a workout regimen that is pushing you hard. A little light work during a fast isn't a bad thing, but you can't overdue it. Food is Fuel. Without fuel, there is no energy, right? Right. So I'm using common sense here.

This morning I juiced, with a borrowed juicer, a cabbage, a bag of radishes, 8-9 carrots, a handful of green grapes, and some very green romaine lettuce. The radishes added kick, the cabbage is just a sweet clean flavor, the carrots are sweet, the grapes were added for tartness, and the romaine is like liquid chlorophyll. Awesome. I added an ice cube. But I got full after drinking down about 5 ounces. So I guess I'll be milking it all day. I've got some oranges too for later or tomorrow.

It's funny - if I ate solid food this morning it would have taken a lot more to fill me up. But right now I'm satisfied. Everytime you fast - it's different. Maybe this will be a one day thing, but it may end up being two days. I dunno. I'll just wing it.

Thanks for reading ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment