lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thursday

Limited time this morning... and a treat found at the library. Louise Solomon's Yoga & Pilates. I've done pilates before. This was totally different. This morning with a time crunch (and we were late even though I scheduled really well) I gave myself 30 minutes to check out the first section of this dvd.

While she explained stuff I warmed up with some basic flow, no sense waisting the time I'm given, right? Then she began the abdominal workout. Very little of this workout was challenging at all, or felt like I was doing much. This was because she was being very thorough, making sure the viewer understood the instructions, and the subtleties of the moves. When we finally moved to the real position or movement, THEN it felt like something. But even then, not much of something. This workout would require a LOT of repetitions in order to actually be considered a workout for me. It was more restorative. I felt relaxed and energetic when I was done.

It was interesting. It reminded me of my pelvic floor muscles and that I need to remember to engage them during my yoga workouts. Maybe I'll watch this again just to remind myself of the movements, but it would never become an integral part of my workouts. I will, however, watch the other parts of the dvd. There are 3 more: upper, lower body, and total body toner. I may enjoy the total body toner, while the rest will be like this morning. Very low key.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment