lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday

Treadmill! Yesterday's workout has left most of my muscles sore! Especially abs- ouch. So the treadmill called my name and we communed for about an hour.

I love the free feeling of running. The first mile isn't fun, I hate the warm up period. But after that I feel light, airy, and floating as though every foot fall is a mere light bouncing motion and I'm up again. I love the quiet contemplation my body enjoys. I don't have to think about posture, or where my limbs go. My body knows what it is supposed to do in this activity, so I can let it go, freeing my mind of the need to direct it.

I love my body during these times. It does what I ask of it, and I enjoy the benefits. I also get to enjoy the free breathing as I jog. I am not my body. I am that amazing entity that makes it me for a while. That inner being that understands the intricate way in which we two are bound while we are here. My body is a lovely gift that I am learning to appreciate more and more as we grow together through the wonderful world of physical movement.

Thought for the day: You are not your body. Your body is a tool that deserves good treatment and respect. Your body is a gift. Your body is beautiful in every shape. You are beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment