lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Fat Day...

Do Skinny People have "fat days". I just feel plumpy dumpy today. It's not a logical thing, as you all know. It's irrational, it's vanity, it's ANNOYING! So... in about 20 minutes I am getting on the treadmill... Why, you ask? No, it doesn't make me feel thin. No, it doesn't make my 33 yr old body look any different nekked in the mirror (thank goodness I don't stare at THAT very often!). What running does do - It makes me feel GOOD! Go endorphenes go!

Now that I have admitted to myself that this is a hobby, don't think I've ever had one before, I have eagerly gone out of my at the library and found a book... about running. Just the physiology of it is fasinating. I have a hobby! And it's not feeling bad about myself! I have a hobby! I like it, I love it! I want some more of it!

I know I have a hobby - what do I do with it? I once asked a new friend, "So what happens now?" Her confusion was obvious. "I mean, I haven't had a girlfriend, like ever. Now that we've decided we're each pretty cool. What happens? It can't be like being friends with a guy, who has got a very different goal once he discovers he likes a girl. What do girls do to have fun together?" Yeah, I know. I'm pretty backward. That happened when I was 26. Our friendship ended fairly quickly. I'm just wierd. So, back to the - Hey I'm clueless!- question. What does one do with a hobby? I've been into this getting fitter thing for years now, longer than I've had any friend, except Hubby, and I don't know what "normal" people do about it.

To those of you who are my girlfriends: ummmm I'm not THAT backward anymore!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment