lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday


Strength Training. I LOVE weights. I learned about them in highschool and enjoyed them then... and somehow forgot about them for a while. But they are back in my life! And, yes! Squats can replace a sled! Leg lifts make me cry!

Note here- I've mentioned it before but it bears repeating. You can't just do aerobics, or eat smart. You need a little strength training! Build more muscle to burn more fat. And I got lots to burn.

And I haven't gotten into this before but I think I'll start. Eating. Smart eating. What is it? Smart eating takes trial and error. No one book, or nutrition expert on TV can tell you what YOU need to eat. You need to find what works for you. What foods help you feel good and give you the most energy. On top of that, if you're trying to lose weight, you need to figure out how much to eat in a day. Remember- you don't wanna lose more than 2 lbs a week, or LESS. Less than 2 lbs a week is OKAY!

I do a little calorie counting. I keep a food journal in the kitchen. It has some kiddie artwork in it, but it works. I have figured out basically how many calories I need to take in to stay healthy, and how few to lose weight. I try to be sure that the calories I eat count. I wanna make sure that 1- They taste good; 2-They will satisfy my stomache; 3- Whatever I eat give me the energy I need for my day.

You read loads of info about the food pyramid (which I do not go for); healthy fats versus unhealthy fats; natural sugars; synthetic whatchamacallits; 3 meals a day, and so on. Some poeple say you have to pick your poison in the grocery store nowadays. You just do the best you can. If you wanna eat more naturally, you'll learn about it and do so. If you're not, then you don't. There is no right or wrong way to do this... EXCEPT you need to do what's right for YOUR body.

Me? I feel best when I take my breakfast in some liquid form. A protein shake, fruit smoothy, etc. I feel best when I eat very little meats, especially red. I feel best when I remember to include some carbs, but not too many- they make me sleepy if I eat too many. I eat a lot of green stuff. I record every naughty cookie in my food journal.

We're not carbon copied people. What works for me may not for you. Most people I know who watch their weight, or body shape, don't count calories. There are lots of options. Google it. Be inventive.

Thought for the day: The most important thing is that you find what works best for your body. What helps you have the stamina and umph for your day!




No comments:

Post a Comment