lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Juice Fast Day 1

Almost over. I slipped though. I was making a new recipe for Gluten Free Biscuits (lots of allergies at our house), and didn't think about it when I popped a piece in my mouth to taste. Come on! Every mom has to taste what she's gonna force her family to eat, right. I realized my mistake after I swallowed and felt this heaviness inside. Darn. Oh well. Honest mistake. I drank some water and went on with my day.

Day 1 Rule, whenever you feel hungry DRINK. I talk to myself. "I'm not really hungry, my body is just thirsty and confused." So I drink and feel better, my stomach satisfied. Drank some fruity juice this afternoon, apple, mango (yum!), lettuce, and pineapple. Scrumptious.

I mentioned before how I count calories, I don't during a fast. It's pointless, as I do not consume more than 500-700 a day. Remember this is a fast. Fasting is all about cleansing, allowing your insides to heal, rebuild cells, flush out yuckies, thatsortofthing. So, yes, we're talking about abstenence... of food! Just food. Other things you can go all out on! For instance: we went on a hike today, I got to read a few chapters of a book while rocking a baby, and I actually snuck in a catnap (with a 3 yr old on me, but still rest is rest). So during a fast, yeah sacrifice sure, but only of one thing! Everything is fair game, baby!

Okay that's the first thing I have noticed about my fasting affects- my mood has improved. While my body is releasing a lot of gass and schnuck (2nd thing I noticed), my mood is really good. Gas, it happens. Even if you were to change your diet to JUST fruit in the morning then graduate to veggies in the afternoon, not getting into meats until later, at first your body would be relieving itself of extra toxic gas. Been there. Done that. So, it's normal. And did you know? The average person passes wind (I'm so tactful;) an average of 13 times a day. Better out than in, right?

So, no big deal. Day one- it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment