lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Juice Fast

Don't panic, I've done them before. It's not as detrimental as folks think it is. As a matter of fact it's not detrimental at all. It's a great way to detox! And feeling tired lately - giving my innards less of a challenge 24/7 sounds like a good idea. The main reason I'm doing t0 though is because I *feel* I should. Now if you don't know what that last line means, please disregard, I don't think I could explain it well.

I know it's Tuesday, who begins things on a Tuesday? Well, I do. I NEVER wait for the end of the year to begin something and I never wait for the beginning of a week, or month, etc. I make a decisions and just run with it. While I do research and form my own educated opinions - If I seriously thought out all of the outcomes, or possible consequences and challenges I doubt I'd have 6 kids, or even leave my home.


Now The first time I did a Juice Fast I went for 3 days. This got rid of a stubborn candida infection. The second time it was a week. The third time was 10 days, I think. Numbers are not my strong point. Anyway, I'm not sure of the length of this, I never am. I just start when it *feels* right and stop when it *feels* like I should. But I think this one might go for 2 weeks. I started taking in more fluids than solids yesterday, and today I used a borrowed juicer of a friend. My children enjoyed helping. We mixed some carrots, celery, radishes, and half a tomato. Mmmmmmm. You have to like celery though.


I do not do these close together, and I do not use them to lose weight. I actually don't notice any weight loss during the few I've done in the past. But if I do this time, I'll mention it here. As I will be extra hydrating none of it will be fluid loss. Bowels will empty thoroughly, so that may count for a couple, which will be gained back when I start solids again. Anyway- I'll let you know if anything significant is lost long term.


One more thing about the juice fast - I am looking forward to lots of benefits. More mental clarity, better sleeping!, better memory, spiritual benefits (can always count on those!), and day 3. Day 3 is the BEST! That's when you lose the craving for solids. Well, if you're not emotionally tied to food. That brings me to a note: If your head's not in it - DON'T DO THIS! It will be agony! You'll feel desperate for solid food before you begin! So do a head check first.


Hope your enjoy the fast from a spectators point of view. I'll try to update everyday, but no promises. I do have 6 kids, of the human variety. See pic above :)


So My thought for the Day: Yum! Juice! Carrot is my FAV!

No comments:

Post a Comment