lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Juice Fast Day 3

Hey, everything is goin well. I woke up with loads more energy than I've had in a week. I think this is my wake up call to pay better attention to my diet. Last week or so I wasn't being too picky about what I fed myself, so long as it was quick. I slept better last night- YAY! Ya know, minus the baby waking us up 2-3 times, but she went back to sleep easily.

So benefits so far? 1- better sleep (which blesses the sleeper with more patience!- I had been wondering where all of mine went!) 2- More energy

Today was pretty busy, didn't have time to juice anything raw, so I drank a store bought Veggie/fruit mix. Lots of carrot juice in it, apples, etc. This evening I'll juice something organic though. Now while a lot of people frown on the store bought juices, as a busy mom, you gotta do what ya gotta do.

A note: like store bought juice... I started this kind of thing not by starting with JUST juice. I had to wean myself of the emotional attachment to solid foods. I would start my day with a protein shake, or smoothie. Drink loads of water, a little bit of juice and another protein shake. Then I would eat something solid. A bagel, some toast, a little soup, something light. I would do this for a few days at a time. Then I began doing these little fasts skipping the solid foods. The protein shakes help control the hunger, and they saw me through those days. I built up to about a week. Then tried a 3 day juice only fast. No I did not start this with juice fasting as the goal. I *felt* I should try looking at my diet. But I needed to clean out my system first. No, I NEVER fasted when pregnant (except when my stomach revolted), or nursing. Only in between those times did I try cleansings of any sort. But if this is something you wanna try, you start it however your body and mind can handle it. Skip one meal on a day, see how it feels, go from there. I did not just JUMP into this!! It was a slow process. And now? A smoothie in the morning is the BEST! I'd rather have that than bacon, eggs, and grits any day!

I feel really good. I started noticing this yesterday afternoon. When nap time came and I was content to fold laundry, instead of sneaking in a nap myself. Today, Instead of napping along side the 3 yr old, I've caught up online, made bread, read a homeschooling magazine, and figured out dinner plans. So I have to say this is a definite improvement. Reminds me of the last time I fasted... on the last day I felt I didn't want to go back to regular foods. It feels really good to go without. I guess that's when it turned into a juice feast instead of fast. Maybe this will help me to make some needed dietary changes, as I figure out whatever it is that was weighing me down.

Anyway, Day 3- Very Very Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment