lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sunday- Restorative Yoga


My dvd still isn't here. I'm growling you just can't hear it. So, on BYU TV, yesterday at 5 am, there was a Total Body workout with Deni Preston. Restorative Yoga. And, boy, did I need it!

Well, pigeon, after yesterday's run had my thighs in agony. But before I began my thighs were pretty unhappy. Now? I can walk around without pinching pain. Pigeon is worth the tears! The knee/hip circles felt good, but my hip popped a lot, which was disconcerting. Other than that it was just pretty restful. When I first did pigeon I hated it. Now? I certainly see the need for it and appreciate it accordingly. Now, if only I could grow to like Triangle. It is my least favorite pose.

I'm bouncing up and down on my calves enjoying the lack of tightness in my leg muscles. Planning another run next Saturday - and the day after Pigeon. Definitely a good combo.

Thought for the day: Challenge yourself, but set yourself up for success. Set goals you can achieve within a short time period, so you can enjoy the success rate, improve your self confidence and self image. I doubt I'll ever be able to do a split. So I can accept that. But after 3 years of running and 2 babies, I can run 8 miles in 60 minutes without stitches in my side, or being out of breath. Golly, I'm gonna have ti think pretty hard on what I want my goal to be. Running 8 miles wasn't the goal- 5 was! Hmmm. I was certainly set up for success there.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment