lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Results! III - BMI

Okay my BMI about 6 mths ago was 29.somethingerother. I am delighted to say that today it is now at 24.7. Cutting edge, I know... but such a great improvement. Now I don't put a huge amount of stock in BMI, as it is really the fat percentage that does it. But I'm not super muscular so it probably matches my fat percentage pretty closely.

I think that for me, building muscle in order to burn more fat more efficiently is essential. So, I feel really good about the decision to incorporate some weights into my workouts. I made that decision roughly 6 mths ago. I have to say - it has obviously made a difference! YAY ME!!! But it wasn't something I tried for a week, or even a month. I kept it up for an extended period of time. Note to friends here: if you're gonna give something a chance, it can't be for a brief spree. You have to commit yourself to a longer term in order to see if it really works.

The Amazing Shrinking Hippo!!! That's me! Now look at yourself. Really. Take a good look. But look for some improvement You have made! Something you've changed! You may surprise yourself and find not just one thing, but a list. Congratulate yourself for it or them. Give yourself a hug. Do a little dance. Have a mental party if you're in public. Don't forget to take notice of your own steps towards bettering yourself. It's not the flaws that make a person beauiful. It's not your flaws that make you who you are. It's the efforts to improve, to change, to do your best that shows your true beauty and spirit. Feel good. You deserve it! And the most beautiful people are happy people. So people! Be HAPPY!

1 comment:

  1. I have just stumbled on your blog fun stuff. i too am a short and not so thin person. keep up the good work and I'll soon be there too. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete