lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday! 105

Yoga Lunge Series!! WOW. That was a LOT of work! I noticed a couple of things with this series of lunges. After each lunge, in downward facing dog, my entire leg felt warmer and the muscles felt much more loose, which was very nice. I did mostly intermediate poses with a couple of advanced. But some of the advanced required more strength or energy than I had this morning. So, I honored that and enjoyed a wonderful practice.

This really was a great episode! The balancing poses were FUN! Some I had never done before. One lunge position asked the advanced to wrap their arms about their quads and link hands. I admit, I wasn't up to it. By the time we came to that pose my breath was pretty choppy, so I kept it down so I could restore my breath.

I want abductors like Amy's !!! She's the blond in the front. Deni said that she worked at it to get that openness I witnessed this morning. I was still in a beginner's pose on that wide leg stretch! My abductors are stubborn. Always have been! If Amy can do it, I can, right? Something else I wish everyone would notice about Amy and those like her. She is NOT a string bean. She's not heavy, don't get me wrong. She has a lovely figure. But she is not the stereotypical size for yoga. Don't you hate stereotypes? A lot of people seem to think that yoga is only for those tiny little fairy like builds. You know, the small boned, skinny things. It's not. I love how Amy is an example of this. She is very strong and very flexible. She is a great representative of those of us who have lots of curves and do yoga! Like Deni said on the show today, it took work to get there, as flexible and as strong as she is. We can do it too!

Thought for the day: How you are right now is perfect! We work on improvement. But right now is fine. Tomorrow we may be somwhere else, and that will be perfect too. As long as we are working towards a good goal, where we are right now is perfect. Wonderful word. PERFECT!

No comments:

Post a Comment