lilupie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday- 106


It is Friday, right? After milking, and getting breakfast into the oven I got into it. Yoga: Balancing. This one showed me two big things to me. 1- My triangles are improving. 2- I am really tired and should get in a nap today if I can.

We have a busy morning planned, so conserving energy is in my (and our) best interest.I enjoyed it, and would have more so if I hadn't been so sleepy. It's rainy and chilly this morning, and my muscles reflected this by being unusually tight. Especially my shoulders. But all is well, as there are many ways to modify yoga poses to be more comfortable. Like I mentioned the other day, sometimes I'm able to go into the advanced poses, sometimes not. I approach the poses, and allow my body to be "comfortably uncomfortable", not pushing it too far. Tree Pose has always been a favorite.

Even though I was fatigued I did enjoy the stress releasing effects of the poses. And I must admit I appreciate the appraisal of my body it has given me for the day. I will know better how to go about my day, conserving energy and not expecting more than I can give. The benefits of exercise are nonending, aren't they? Sweat on!

Namaste.

1 comment:

  1. Alignment is not always the easiest for me. Thanks for mentioning the importance of maintaining alignment in poses. I found that Leeann Carey has a great free yoga video on safe alignment skills. Your readers might want to check it out: http://planetyoga.com/yoga-blogs/index.php/free-yoga-video-safe-alignment-sklills-sas-lighten-the-load/

    ReplyDelete